All human wisdom is summed up in two words ~ wait and hope
- Alexandre Dumas Pere
In spite of my very best intentions, it seems I am to be tested. Having spoken to Dr Van's secretary on Tuesday I was expecting to hear from him either today or tomorrow with my test results.
Today I did receive a phone call from Dr Van's secretary. She advised me that the test results are pending and doctor is going on leave tomorrow. He has therefore advised me to keep my appointment on 24 February. I guess that leaves me little else but to wait and hope. I am grateful for the phone call although it did not stop me from sobbing uncontrollably at the news.
In the meantime, I am looking at my left arm which now has a large pocket of fluid at the elbow as a result of the cannula being inserted for the contrast and isotopes. I have no idea what that means but I do know that I feel some concern at anything that has the potential to cause me problems with the only arm that works. It is bad enough that I have severe carpal tunnel symptoms as a result of using my left hand on the keypad of the laptop. Something I can only change when I have my new laptop set up with Dragon, speech recognition software.
Speaking of which, I had been advised by the retail store from which I purchased my new notebook computer in December that the cost of the data transfer would be $140. Given that my thumb is continually numb from RSI symptoms I phoned the store this morning to enquire as to the length of time it would take to do the transfer. I was informed it could be done today. I quickly showered and headed in only to be told on arrival that, as I had not done my own set-up, there would be an additional cost of $99 and it would not be ready until Monday (today is Thursday.)
Haydn made it clear that it was his belief I would not be able to live without the Internet for four days and he would not be able to live with me. Needless to say the computer came home with me.
I remain hopeful! Any suggestions on how to wait patiently?
Speaking of which, I had been advised by the retail store from which I purchased my new notebook computer in December that the cost of the data transfer would be $140. Given that my thumb is continually numb from RSI symptoms I phoned the store this morning to enquire as to the length of time it would take to do the transfer. I was informed it could be done today. I quickly showered and headed in only to be told on arrival that, as I had not done my own set-up, there would be an additional cost of $99 and it would not be ready until Monday (today is Thursday.)
Haydn made it clear that it was his belief I would not be able to live without the Internet for four days and he would not be able to live with me. Needless to say the computer came home with me.
I remain hopeful! Any suggestions on how to wait patiently?
