Monday, June 27, 2011

Confirmation of What?

'Whenever a doctor cannot do good, he must be kept from doing harm'
- Hippocrates

Regular readers of Indigo Dreaming would be aware that 'Dr Amazing' saw me on Wednesday of last week. Friday I received a phone call informing me of today's PET Scan appointment.

Being only short notice, the instructions for the scan had been given verbally. Haydn had written them on the back of a newspaper that went into the recycling bin the following day. As he had a 10.45am doctor's appointment himself, he dropped me at the hospital and went on his way. Knowing that I had to fast for six hours I was suspicious when Haydn said that he had been told I could drink tea, coffee and water. Before ordering my cappuccino I thought it wise to check with Nuclear Medicine. I was disappointed to learn that my cappuccino was on hold until the completion of my test which would be well after 3pm.

Staff were wonderful as usual! The nurse did weight and height before inserting the cannula. She then called the doctor who would ask me the routine questions. I mentioned that I had a clavicular lesion which appeared to be something 'different.' She was happy to have a look. I felt empowered when she asked me if it was radiation necrosis. I believe it was confirmation of what I had always suspected, in spite of the Radiation Oncologist being in denial.. The problem for me now is that I have no idea of where to from here. Tonight I asked the question of Professor 'Google' in the hope of finding answers to what appear to be unanswerable questions.

My understanding is that 'Dr Amazing' will have results by Wednesday.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending positive thoughts and prayers for good results! xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Chez will be waiting to know what you find out.special prayers.

Love Kaz.xo

Sue in Italia/In the Land Of Cancer said...

Radiation necrosis? Well this does sound better than a tumor..did this doctor give you any suggestions on how to treat it?
Anyway, I will await your CT scan results hoping for the best.

WhiteStone said...

Praying that you will have positive results/answers on Wednesday.

Diane Rodgers said...

I am waiting also to hear what you are facing or not....hopefully it is treatable and you will be on the mend soon....always hope my friend .... love you loads...Di

Starry said...

ugh! radiation, thy name is mud. Hoping healing answers will be forthcoming, love and prayers, Starry

Cheryl said...

Thank you so much Audrey.You know only too well about the twists and turns. The only way is up from here.
Live, Love and Laugh♥

Cheryl said...

Kaz, 'Dr Amazing' is doing everything he can to see me back on the road to improved health and wellbeing.Thanks for sharing the journey my friend♥

Cheryl said...

Sue thanks for the boost to my confidence. I am 'sort of' scared witless at the moment. I can cope with the cancer but not the pain.
Live, Laugh and Love

Cheryl said...

Thank you WhiteStone. Certainly challenging times..

Cheryl said...

Di, please know how much I love and appreciate your presence in my life.
It certainly does appear to be one of those times I have nothing more than my faith. I believe that 'Dr Amazing' is 'Heaven Sent' so I intend to ask for the Grace of God to get me through this.
Live, Love and Laugh dear friend♥

Cheryl said...

You are so right Starry. I agree wholeheartedly with you. Cannot believe the expectation is that I will consider going back for more. It is two years, this month since I completed radiotherapy and I can see no real benefits.
Thanks for always being around for me my friend.
Live, Love and Laugh♥

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Cheryl, I am so sorry to read what you are going through. Thanks for commenting on my blog ---about my post concerning my friend, Susan, who also is suffering with cancer.

Cancer is a wicked disease. I lost a brother to cancer in 1985.

Thanks again for coming to my blog... Come back anytime.
Hugs,
Betsy

Julie Goodale said...

Good thoughts for you. And in the mean time, wishing you a beautiful day - possibly filled with interesting birds - on your farm.