Saturday, January 17, 2009

Worth a Try...

For those that have been following my blogs I would like to continue with both for the time being. I feel that this Indigo Dreaming will be related to Health and Spirituality. The two things that are very important to me, and I feel are interrelated.

Many of the decisions that I make these days come after much 'soul' searching. I feel that it has enabled me to make good choices. I listen carefully to medical advice, no longer allowing myself to be afraid.

I was diagnosed with a melanoma. It was removed in 1996 just prior to my marriage to Haydn. I will always be grateful to Hamish Foster, who removed the tumour in its entirety, rather than doing a biopsy. At that time he said that he does not like to biopsy anything that could be a melanoma. Safer to remove it completely!

Today I realised that I still have two breast lumps that are painful, and causing me problems. Both the CT and Bone Scan Reports state that there is no evidence of metastases. That 'sort of' gives me the all clear. This being the case why am I still taking 1 x 20mg Oxycontin Slow Release tablet twice each day?

This brings me to the decision to try The Castor Oil Pack.


A quick Google search will give lots of information. Briefly it is as follows:

Take two cotton cloths (each about half the size of a tea towel) and a piece of plastic (a plastic shopping bag will do nicely.) Wet one cotton cloth and squeeze dry placing flat on the plastic. Place the dry cotton cloth over this and liberally spread with castor oil.

Fill a hot water bottle with hot water and place the pack (castor oil side down) over the area. Wrap a towel around to hold in place and put the hot water bottle over it. The heat will open the pores and allow the oil to be absorbed. Keep the pack on for about 1 hour and repeat each day for three days. I intend to roll the pack up and re-use the next day adding more castor oil as necessary.

On the fourth day massage the area with olive oil and do this for the next two days. On the seventh day, do nothing.

This entire procedure will be repeated for a period of seven weeks.

I believe I have everything to gain and nothing to lose. Although it was my intention to begin tonight, I have decided that it is probably best to do it during the day. I really think that it has the potential to be quite messy.

There are a couple of other things that appear to be making a difference; I look forward to sharing with you.

9 comments:

Starry said...

Hi, thanks for the great idea for the castor oil pack, I have quite a lot of info on castor oil in my files, but mostly relating to its power to remove foreign bodies 'magically' by drawing them to the surface, great for splinters and glass fragments, now I have something new to add, and it may as you said, help my back.

Well I don't think I should spend too long in this computer chair, so will catch up with you later or tomorrow, love you, xxx Starry

Cheryl said...

Starry, I am beginning to think it is worth looking at for the thrombosis as well. What do you think?

I found in my research yesterday that it had been used successfully for inflammation of the siatic (mental blank with spelling) nerve. It worked perfectly!

Good luck and take good care of your back.

diane b said...

Glad to hear the reportis all clear. What do the doctors say the lumps are? You are such a positive person, well done.

Cheryl said...

Diane that is the six million question. The doctor has no idea except to say that it is tied up somehow with inflammation.

The area is very painful. I feel that there will need to be action taken at some point. I am still on morphine although my diet has changed dramatically.

Thanks for popping in..

mandy said...

I hear the word "siatic"....I have one that plays up dreadfully at times...Enough to drive a grown woman insane to be precise...lol...
Some of the old fashioned remedies are just as good if not better than modern day medicines...
I do hope it works for you Cheryl...As you say there is nothing to lose from trying it....

Cheryl said...

Mandy, I did find when doing the research for this Post that someone had used the Castor Oil pack to fix a problem with the siatic nerve and the resulting leg pain. Might be worth a try..
Will be interesting to see if I can keep both blogs going.
Better get a spurt on and get this arm fixed. Tends to slow me down.
All the best to you, Matt and the kids xo

Anonymous said...

Cheryl;
I was diagnosed 13 years ago with breast cancer. I do not really believe in doctors except for diagnosis and decided to use herbs to heal my body. Now 13 years later, I am cancer free and continue to use herbs to keep my body somewhat healthy. I say somewhat because I sometimes just don't care, but with Kurt always pushing me, I try for him.
Herbs are to me God's gift for healing your body. I used essiac tea and ate nothing but healthy foods.
I have also used poltices and castor oil was one of them. They are great and do work. I also use Collodial silver for my lungs, considering I smoked most of my life, there are great things happening with the silver.
Know that I am here for you and pray for you my friend.
Love you

Cheryl said...

Good morning dear Susan
I have just replied to your later comment without realising that you had left one here.
I am thrilled to hear of your success with your breast cancer treatment and not at all surprised to hear how much harder it has been since Kurt's passing. Amazing how quickly things can change!
I am so pleased to have the opportunity to catch up with you here. I love blogging and still manage to keep them both going. Somehow!
Are you by any chance on Facebook?

Anonymous said...

Good morning my sweet friend. Yes I do have a facebook although I haven't been there in awhile. I'll look for my id again and send it to you.
I also wanted to tell you that I just got done reading a book that changed my life. I would love to see everyone read it. The title is Within Heaven's Gates, by Rebecca Springer. If you can't get it, I'll send it to you. Keep the faith my sweet precious friend.