Saturday, January 31, 2009

Not Everyone's 'Cup of Tea'



This Post is not for the feint hearted!

We are all suffering with Cheryl's ailments of late. I am determined to 'fix' the problems once and for all. Althought it is good for blogging, I doubt I will run out of ideas and will find many worthwhile things to write about. Of course I am always open to suggestions, keep them rolling in..

When I visited the doctor on Wednesday morning I was not aware that I had redness and swelling above the knee at the back of the leg. Yes! It is the same left leg.

I decided against going to Wingham with 'The King' who was scheduled to visit the accountant. I thought a restful day was in order with a light exercise thrown in. I happily allowed 'The King' to take the car rather than the Hilux utility.

In his absence I sorted through the books on the study floor and came out with my copy of 'YOUR OWN PERFECT MEDICINE' by Martha M Christy. If you are not familiar with urine therapy now is the time to stop reading. I felt that I had nothing to lose by using my own urine to massage the leg. I have been using Voltarin Gel and Hirudoid ointment which does not appear to be doing much at all. I also take Horsechestnut night and morning.

I have not lost sight that Juliet George stated at the Lymphoedema Support Group meeting Tuesday that more people die from thrombosis than cancer.

My concerns increased today; I was due to call Paul regarding the continuing use of the Castor Oil Compress. During the conversation I mention the second thrombosis. Paul voiced his concerns and stated that 'it is not good'

He said it indicated problems with the clotting factor. Paul, being a bio-chemist, always looks at the underlying body chemistry. We will, in time, be looking to find the cause. In the meantime I am to treat the symptoms.

Tonight I am to eat late. After dinner I am to take 10 grams of Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate) powder and go to bed in an effort to hold the Vitamin C for the longest possible time.

I gave thanks to Jezz, my personal angel, as I took the Vitamin C powder from drawer. It was one of the many health supplements I had sent to him while he was living in Victoria. It had never been opened. In January 2007 I had the unenviable task of sorting through his personal things. The lease was due to expire on the house. Whatever made me bring it home with me?

So..tonight my gratitude goes to Paul, for the suggestion, and Jezz for providing the Vitamin C powder that will, hopefully, bring me through this latest crisis.

Why the caption? I believe that the problem has come about through the number of hours spent sitting on the hard dining room chairs. Given that the nerve pain in the arm is debilitating and the second thrombosis has the potential to be life threatening I will certainly make other arrangement for using the laptop. I will not be giving up Blogging, Facebook and e-mails to my special friends. I know how much your friendship has changed my life.

A huge 'Thank You' .....

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i hope it helps, it's certainly worth a try. vitamin c is supposed to be very beneficial for lots of ailments. Fran

Anonymous said...

Vitamin C is awesome and doesn't stay in the body long, so therefore taking large amounts of vitamin C will not hurt you. I take about 20, 500mg of vitamin c every day. Also look into Essiac Tea, another great healer. Essiac is 7 herbs together and cures cancer. Renae Caisse from Canada invented the herbal remedy many many years ago and was the key to my success with breast cancer.
Keep the faith my sweet friend and beileve that you will be healed. Believing is very important in healing. I will email you some info on Essiac tea.
Love you my precious friend

Cheryl said...

Hi Fran

Certainly would like to put this run of health issue behind me once and for all.

Willing to do whatever it takes...

Cheryl said...

Morning Susan

Lovely to find you 'checking' in again. I normally do take Vitamin C however I have been using a medication from Paul that neutralises the effects of the Vit C so have been off it for awhile. As Paul says we have to have a look at the clotting factors.

I have read quite a lot on Essiac Tea although it was at the time of my original diagnosis. Susan I understand that people are selling a substance that is not actually Essiac Tea. How do I know where to buy the 'real' thing?

Believing is receiving in my opinion. As you know from your own experience there have been times since Jeremy's accident that it would not have mattered whether I lived or died. Now I know I have to get through this.

As I said you have no idea how much difference the friendship makes. I am surrounded by wonderful, caring and loving friends that give me strength when I am struggling.

Thrilled to see you here. I have been concerned about your welfare...

Thanks heaps my special friend....

mandy said...

Hi Chez, it is a concern all this clotting...Matt has the same problem and now he must take asprin everyday....He is not one for the natural resources that we have available to us....

I think it`s wonderful that Paul has stuck by you and willing to help find the cause of the problem...In most people it`s all too easy to throw their arms up in the air and say it`s all too hard.....

Hang in there dear friend...You have many people willing you to good health and I am one of them....

diane b said...

Hope this helps. BB sits at the computer nearly all day everyday. I worry about him but he takes warfarin because of his heart condition so he won't get clots.

Cheryl said...

Hi Mandy
You can expect an e-mail from me my friend. I have been thinking about you so much lately...

Mandy I am wondering if Matt's clots are in the surface or deep vein? I am not convinced that it is purely sitting on the wooden dining room chairs that has caused this. Paul did mention the possiblilites of parasites and that is something I will look at as it has come up several times lately.

Yes! Paul is a champion and we are very loyal to each other. Thankfully, he does not give up easily...

Take care and do hope you manage to keep out of the heat. You must be over it by now...

Cheryl said...

Diane, I do hope the warfarin protects BB.
I have been spending more hours than usual on the computer since I began blogging but I am not sure that is the real problem. It is definitely a family problem as my sister has them regularly and she does not use a computer..