Friday, July 9, 2010

Live a Life that Matters

No Matter What Happens....

I remember a time when each day was long, when the world was a playground and my life a song,

And I fluttered through years with barely a care, ignoring the future and what waited there.

School was intriguing and filled with delights. I played away daytimes and dreamed away nights.

My parents assured me I had nothing to fear, and that no matter what happened, they'd always be there.

Little I knew of a world outside home, where tragedy, sorrow and murder could roam.

All I saw were blue skies, rainbows and stars. I looked past destruction of buildings and cars.

As a child, my biggest concern was just me; I had to be happy, I had to be free.

And if I was content, I would not shed a tear.

And no matter what happened, I still would be here.

But as I grow up, darkness starts to set in; my bright world has turned into concrete and tin.

I now see the violence I looked past before; friends start to die and my heart hits the floor.

Deadly diseases claim people I love, there are landfills below me, pollution above.

I often think back to when life was a game, but no matter what happens, it can't be the same.

There are days when I just want to break down and howl, to give up completely, to throw in the towel.

But I hold my head high and I push my way through.

I have too much to give and so much to do.

And I make a vow that, though it'll be hard,I'll go on with a smile and play every card.

I'll give all I can, help others and love.

No matter what happens, life will bloom again, and the strength I don't have will come from above.

So come, take my hand, and through darkness we will sail if we all join together, we never can fail.

We'll remember to care, remember to feel, and no matter what happens, our world we will heal

Author Unknown

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chez you are such a blessing to me and one journey we walk through together hand in hand.I can say as you never thought our lifes would be like this while we were growing up.Chez you are a special lady that i cherish and love lots,all you been through and your head still up high and you are always ready to help and give so much love to all.

Loads of love my dear friend.

Kaz....xoxo

Diane Rodgers said...

Hi Cheryl,

This poem says it all...from our childhood...all of the good things we saw through those little innocent eyes.....That is why God says ..."Come to me as a little child!"

Then we grow up and nothing is the same ... as this world is so imperfect.

The key is to love as much as possible and be there for others when they are in need of a shoulder to cry on, or an ear to listen ...

We are all put through the trials and the tests ... being formed into all that we are to become ...

Someday we will be as that child again ... only this time it will be for all of eternity.

Your crowns are awaiting you there in Heaven Cheryl, as you have passed the trials and the tests of this life with flying colors! I know you will continue to do this for as long as you live and beyond...

Thanks for showing so many of us what matters most in this world and I pray we all can make a difference ... What a wonderful world it would be!

Sending love and prayers for continued strength, love and healing,

Di
xox

Unknown said...

Love the poem...said so well what we now see this life to be!! Thanks for sharing this and meaningfully so. Always enjoy any form of words from you my dear special friend. You are remarkably witty and encouraging to me. Thanks for helping me...when it should be the other way around!!! xoxo

Cheryl said...

Kaz, and you to me my friend. Thankfully, we do not know what is ahead of us or they would be pushing us screaming and kicking at times.
Love one another as I have loved you... as Jesus said. xoxo

Cheryl said...

Di, came across this poem when I was looking for something to send to a loving wife and family that have just lost a beloved husband and father. It touched me so thought I would post it.
I know of nothing that works in isolation and I am so grateful to have your love and support.
God Bless my friend xoxo

Cheryl said...

Well my little ray of sunshine you help me more than you will ever know Sunflower. I still have some memory of how our friendship was formed, although my memory is often in a haze from the medications.
Love and blessings my friend xoxo

diane b said...

A very suitable poem for you. I thought you must have written it.I hope you are able to hold your head up high and enjoy the weekend. (How are the trip plans going?)

Cheryl said...

Diane I have not written this although it is certainly my thoughts. I was in the process of preparing to become a Funeral Celebrant when Jeremy had his accident. Looking through my files for a verse for a friend [next post, hopefully] and came across this one.
Plans still in progress. Thanks for asking

Starry said...

are you sure you didn't write this?

thanks for sharing, you truly do play every card, and inspire me to do that too.

xoxoxox Starry

Alli said...

I so agree this poem is appropriate. For a moment I saw myself as that carefree girl without a care in the world.
Then life hits doesn't it.

**No matter what happens, life will bloom again, and the strength I don't have will come from above.

So come, take my hand, and through darkness we will sail if we all join together, we never can fail.

We'll remember to care, remember to feel, and no matter what happens, our world we will heal**

My favorite lines.
Thanks for posting this!

Alli.xx

Jeanne Marren Egan said...

Chez,
Thank you for the inspirational words. I love this poem. Yes, the older we get, the more obstacles we face. Think of how much we all have learned and how we have transformed. You have great strength and courage.

Jeanne Marren Egan said...

Thank you so much for the inspirational words. I really love this poem. I guess our challenge is to keep the optimism we all had as children while learning from the obstacles we face as adults. I think you are doing pretty well!

Debby said...

I've come through a discouraging time, and you know, we just have to remember that no matter what we are dealing with, no matter what we see, God is bigger than that.

Cheryl said...

Aww Starry. That is so sweet. Let's remember always to live life to the full...inspiring others.
Love to you my friend xo

Cheryl said...

Alli, the words you have selected are close to my heart also.
With the Grace of God, and the love of friends, we can get through.
Thank you for coming into my life xo

Cheryl said...

Jeannie, do you ever ask where our strength comes from?
There is no doubt that blogging has provided more than inspiration. I love the contact and the friendships formed. Where would I be without it? Helps me to accept life's challenges.

Cheryl said...

Debby, it is so important for me to pray to our Lord God for help. Sometimes I forget to ask for help and then along comes a friend to remind me.
God bless xo