Speaking of which, I had been advised by the retail store from which I purchased my new notebook computer in December that the cost of the data transfer would be $140. Given that my thumb is continually numb from RSI symptoms I phoned the store this morning to enquire as to the length of time it would take to do the transfer. I was informed it could be done today. I quickly showered and headed in only to be told on arrival that, as I had not done my own set-up, there would be an additional cost of $99 and it would not be ready until Monday (today is Thursday.)
Haydn made it clear that it was his belief I would not be able to live without the Internet for four days and he would not be able to live with me. Needless to say the computer came home with me.
I remain hopeful! Any suggestions on how to wait patiently?